Forums
WhiteTrinityWitch :: Forums :: Religions & Faiths :: Druidic Paganism.

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Dark Druidism
Go to page       >>  
Moderators: Trinity, OnyxRaven, Fox
Author Post
Ankaru
Fri Aug 07 2009, 06:47PM
Happy beyond belief

Registered Member #474
I have been told by many people, that I don't seem like a typical nature loving druid because I'm so dark all the time. Plus the music I listen to, mostly death metal such as Slayer, is not very "nice and friendly". But I say to hell with what others say. It's my path. So what if I embrace the darkness within? I am still a good person. I just worship the Dark Lady and Gaia. When I need strength right away, the Dark Lady is there for me. When I need healing or spiritual guidance, Gaia is there for me. It's not a hard concept to figure out. If you have any questions, please ask them. I will be happy to answer what I know.
Website
Fox
Fri Aug 07 2009, 07:35PM
Fox

Registered Member #416
Ankaru wrote ...

So what if I embrace the darkness within? I am still a good person. I just worship the Dark Lady and Gaia. When I need strength right away, the Dark Lady is there for me. When I need healing or spiritual guidance, Gaia is there for me.

after all the darkness is with in us all, to embrace it is to understand it, and if you wish to keep it at bay... there's nothing wrong with that Ankaru, let them say what they want to say and don't let it get you down...

I agree...

Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy. People deal too much with the negative, with what is wrong. Why not try and see positive things, to just touch those things and make them bloom?
Ankaru
Fri Aug 07 2009, 08:13PM
Happy beyond belief

Registered Member #474
To be honest, what people say makes me more determined to be different. I don't want to be the same as everyone else, even while in uniform.
Website
Fox
Fri Aug 07 2009, 08:49PM
Fox

Registered Member #416
Different is good, I dont like normal, but what gets me down if anything, is no one understand me, closed minds are the ones that get me Ankaru

[ Edited Sat Aug 08 2009, 09:24AM ]

Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy. People deal too much with the negative, with what is wrong. Why not try and see positive things, to just touch those things and make them bloom?
Ankaru
Fri Aug 07 2009, 11:32PM
Happy beyond belief

Registered Member #474
I am the same way, in a sense. I don't tell people anything about me unless they ask, and then they form their opinions around that. So far, most of my friends and coworkers think I am eccentric, but a pleasure to be around.
Website
Silver Wolf
Sat Aug 08 2009, 02:57AM

Registered Member #298
I'm sad to say, I don't know much about druidism, although once I can find a good book on it, I'll pick it up (any suggestions?). I've never even heard of dark druidism, can you explain to me what it is please?

Blessed Be

Silver Wolf

Even if the morrow is barren of promises,
Nothing shall forestall my return,
To become the dew that quenches the land
To spare the sands, the seas, the skies,
I offer thee this silent sacrifice.
Ankaru
Sat Aug 08 2009, 05:15PM
Happy beyond belief

Registered Member #474
It's actually not what it sounds like. Kinda hard to explain, but it revolves around being able to manage the chaos of the soul and using it to further your goals. That's what it is in my case, anyways. Others might have different views, same as with all paganism. Even Druidism in it's original sense has variations. There's the "classical druids" who center around the Celtic deities. I still use nature, but I harness the chaotic side of it, for the most part. Think of it like the ocean. It has a peaceful, calm side. Then when it gets disturbed, it becomes a powerful, avenging entity that won't stop until it gets what it wants.

I hope that helped. Like I said, it's hard to explain.
Website
Inkpot
Sat Aug 08 2009, 05:23PM
Faerie Friend

Registered Member #76
Once again (I think I recommended this book somewhere else on the forums), I don't think there's a better book on historical druids than "The Druids" by Peter Berresford Ellis. Anyone interested in druidism owes it to themselves to read this book.

"Any leader of a country who is willing to commit it's people to war should be equally willing to fight alongside them in the front lines."

LIVE CHAT AVAILABILITY: M-F 6-8am (PST), Sundays 9am-2pm (PST)
Silver Wolf
Thu Aug 13 2009, 09:56PM

Registered Member #298
Thanks for the info Ankaru. You've definately cleared some stuff up for me.

And thanks for suggesting the book Inkpot. The book store didn't have a copy of "The Druids", but I asked them to order a copy for me. In the meantime, I'm reading "The Druidry Handbook" by John Michael Greer, which is fantastic. I'm halfway through the book right now and have learned so much about druidry that I've actually started taking notes so I can remember all of it.

Blessed Be

Silver Wolf

Even if the morrow is barren of promises,
Nothing shall forestall my return,
To become the dew that quenches the land
To spare the sands, the seas, the skies,
I offer thee this silent sacrifice.
Ankaru
Fri Aug 14 2009, 01:49AM
Happy beyond belief

Registered Member #474
I think it's a wonderful idea to study Druidry. It's a remarkable path, at least for me.
Website
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF